Sunday, February 14, 2010

Mess

My freshers party was not so bad. In fact it had turned out to be pretty good. The ragging and all was a very small cost for getting to talk to Pooja. I was overjoyed
Rohan - "You seem very happy , you escaped the ragging or what?"
Me - "What ragging,who cares about ragging ,I talked to Pooja dude"
Rohan - "Who Pooja?"
Me - "Arrey ,Pooja ,the girl which I had shown you"
Rohan - "Oh that girl , so what"
Me - "Come on man , I talked to her in the cafeteria , TALK , CAFETERIA , do you get something."
Rohan - "No , you are talking as if you proposed and she said yes.Dude she must be talking to tons of guys like you everyday , who cares. In fact if you ask me she might have forgotten you by now . Trust me there is no need to get overexcited. Abhi to tune kuch kiya hi kahan hai."
Me - "As if you are , pro , huh"
Rohan - "Li8 le, let's go to the mess."
Now the setting of the mess is of great importance. There were two mess or dining halls for the entire campus, mess A and mess C. The name A and C coming from the wings in which they were located. Most of the boys hostels were in A wing so the A mess entertained mostly the male population of the campus with very few girls , so rare that it would have been easier to find uranium in our campus than girls in A mess, so it was popularly known as the 'gay mess'.As you might have come to know by now most of the female population went to the C mess. We could have also taken C mess, but as it was the start of the semester we were given A mess by default.
The food in the mess also deserves a special mention. There were in particular two types of curry , green colored and orange colored, both of them tasting equally bad.All the vegetables found there place in these curries only. These were the types of vegetablles that were unlimited,meaning you could help yourself to them as many times as you wanted(although nobody did). There used to be one eatable curry vegetable but that used to be limited.There used to be one person standing there serving you, who used to as miser as you can imagine.I dunno whether he wanted to save all that curry for himself or what.Anyways you had to be a pro to extract more from his miser hands.
Student - "kya bhaiya, thoda aur digiyena"
Mess worker - "Limited hai sir."
That was the standard answer. If it was your lucky day ypu would get some more or if you from his state he would surely give you more.You had only ato prove your identity and he would play into your hands.
Same was the case with the one 'mithai' that we used to get.
Me - "Man , these rotis are as hard as rock"
Rohan - "Even the daal tastes as water"
Me - "Why didn't they let us choose C mess"
Rohan- "Why do you want C mess , wahan pe food ke saath me free entertainment hota hai kya?"
Me - "Obviously"
Rohan - "You and your theories."
Me - "Look dude I'm a normal guy who behaves normally not like you who---"

"Excuse me , is somebody sitting here?"
We got distracted from our argument and looked up
Rohan - "No"
New Boy - "Ok" so I can sit here, all right with you guys?"
(The first impression of this guy only made me realize that this guy was a total stud , you know the kind of guys who keep various fancy hairstyles , who wear Man U or Arsenal jerseys and whose facebook and orkut accounts are always filled with friend requests from girls)
Me - "Ya why not?"
New Boy - "Sure difficult to get a place to sit tn the mess around this time , looks like the whole college turns up ay this time."
Me - "Guess so."
New Boy - " I am Sameer."
Me -"I'm Puneet "
Rohan - "Rohan here, you are in which hostel?"
Sammer -"AH4"
Me-"Hey we are in AH4 as well"
Sameer - "Cool, which you are from which stream? I'm from E.E.E."
Me -"Computer science, Rohan is from M,Sc chemisrty"
Sameer - "Nice"
Me - "Ya, by the way you are from which place?"
Sameer - "Mumbai, and you guys?"
Me - "I am from Patna"
Sameer - "Oh! Bihar , nice, I've heard of some super thirty from there , pretty famous , eh"
Me - "I guess so"
Rohan - "I am from gujrat"
Sameer - "Ok , hey you guys got all your books and stuff?"
Me - "No , thinking of gettiheng them from a senior"
Sameer - "And how will you will contact them , through D C?"
Me - "What is this D C?"
Sameer - "Man you don't know D C do you have a lappy?"
Me -"Ya?"
Sameer - "Then you must install D C , it is awesome man?"
Me - "Ok will do, once I get to the hostel ,do help me out bro"
Sameer - "All right"
Me - "Ok chalte hain , I have some work "
Sameer - "Ok"

1 comment: