Friday, February 12, 2010

In The Cafeteria

Now that our ragging session was over, it was time for the fun part of the 'party'. For a change the seniors were not looking menacing and were actually interacting freely with the juniors . I too had a chat with some of the seniors , but my mind was somewhere else . I was looking for Pooja ,'what if she didn't bear a good impression of me , then my chances are as good as over'. I dreaded the thought. Finally after some time I spotted her , she was sitting alone on a table.'Good ' . I thought , 'this is my chance. Chal bete Puneet , abhi nahi to kabhi nahi.' I went towards her and casually sat in front of her
Me - "Hi"
Pooja - "Hi"
Me - " I'm Puneet"
Pooja - "I know, I'm Pooja"
Me thinking - ***' Don't sit mum like a fool , say something , what to say? what should I do****
Pooja - "By the way you sing quite well"
Me (over the moon) - " Thanks , I didn't mean to offend you by singing that song It's just that----(*** you are so lovely ,can I be your friend***)---
Pooja - "It's okay I understand , have you received any vocal training?"
Me - " No no , I'm quite a bathroom singer . In fact this is the first time I sang in public"
Pooja - "Wow , inborn talent I'm impressed"
Me (*** good going Puneet ,aise he chalta ja***)
Me - "Hey can I buy you a coke to go with that samosa"
Pooja - " Sure , but I don't like coke , maaza would do"
Me - "Sure , I'll be back in a minute"
Pooja and me over two maazas
Pooja - "You have quite a dressing sense"
Me - "What I did't get you"
Pooja - "I mean the morning lecture in the LT"
Me - "Come on , it was not that bad ---(*** dam it, there goes my good impression***)---"
Pooja(laughing) - " Ya not that bad , you should have seen the face of the teacher"
Me - "Chuck it, let bygones be bygones"
Pooja - "So you are from Bihar."
Me - "Ya from Patna and you?"
Pooja - "Delhi"
Me -"Cool so you must have visited the Raj Bhawan"
Pooja -"Come on living in delhi does not mean visiting the raj bhawan , I am in delhi from the past two years , before that I was in chandigarh"
Me - "To tussi changi punjabi bolte hoge"
Pooja - "Assi to Punjabi hi hain , how do you know punjabi'
Me - "Movies , you don't watch them?"
Pooja - "Ya i do , in fact that is my favorite past time apart from--"
Me - "Apart from?"
Pooja - "I do a little bit of dancing"
Me - "Wow "
Pooja- " Come on tell me what are your hobbies I know singing is on of them"
Me -" Singing is just t p (time pass) 'actually I love writing poems and stories and stuff"
Pooja - "Impressive , will you show them to me sometime"
Me - "Sure"
Pooja - "O hell , it's awfully late I better get going I have to set things up in my room"
Me - "Bye , so I will see you around then"
Pooja - "Ya , see ya, bye"

2 comments:

  1. srry, bt nope, v cant relate 2 dis, imagin girls commentin on ur dress sense in very frst conversan!!!! nd raj bhavan... wtf???

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaaah....
    i can understand ur dard.....

    ReplyDelete