Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fresher's Party

'All's well that ends well' , I thought to myself as I was heading towards the hostel. The first day had gone quite o.k. barring the hitch in the morning I had managed to attend all the lectures even managing to pay attention in some. Along the way I met Rohan who was not looking very pleased.
Me - "So how was the first day?"
Rohan - "Forget it man."
Me - "Why, what happened?"
Rohan - "The teachers over here think they know everything."
Me - "I didn't get you."
Rohan - "Nothing dude. It was this chemistry teacher. First he comes to the class and starts bragging about himself ,his degree and all other bullshit , then he says that half of the class will get av- in chemistry if we don't study like mad from the first day."
Me - "What is that supposed to mean?"
Rohan - "That is not all. Then he makes the noobest mistake while teaching and when I point it out he gives me a long lecture , something like what you got in the morning."
Me - "Chuck it man let,s go and check out mongi"
Meanwhile we arrived at the hostel.
Rohan - "Oye , why is everybody standing near the noticeboard"
Boy A - "Its the fresher's party , All the departments have put up their notices."
Boy B - "I have heard that they rag the freshers like hell in these parties."
Boy C - "No man , they won't this is BITS, idhar ragging nahi hoti hai"
Boy B - "But I have asked my cousin , he is in 3 rd year."
Boy A - "Will there be beer in the party?"
Rohan - "Oye Puneet look , your department's party is today at 6 :30"
Me - " Man ,why I am always the first one , its already 5;3o ,lemme see ."
The notice read -
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE - ASCII

This is to inform to all the students of computer science stream that there will be an interaction session held in LT 1
NOTE - ATTENDANCE IS COMPULSORY FOR THE FIRST YEARITES


Me - "I better go and change."
Rohan - "Whaaat , you are not going to a prom ."
Me - "Still man , she might be there I heard that she is also in cs"
Rohan - "You are a real despo"
Me - "And you a real gay"
Anyways I put on some better clothes and reached LT 1 this time before time. I was right , she was there sitting with the other girls.
After some time the proceedings started with the faculty giving there welcome speeches (:this part is boring so I'm omitting it:). When all this finished the faculty left the LT. We could sense that the bad part was about to start.Then this guy comes up who seemes to be the head of the assoc.
MR HEAD - "Now we will have all our so called interaction sesseion. All the juniors sit in the middle rows . Second yearites on the left and third yearites on the right."
We did as told.
MR HEAD - "Now I need some volunteers from the juniors"
Nobody moved.
MR HEAD - "No problem, we'll pick . Guys who do you think should come."
In the next half and hour the seniors kept picking juniors randomly and made them do all kinds of things including pole dancing and catwalk.Meanwhile I was praying that I don't get picked but apparently my prayers were not answered.
MR HEAD - "You there , you in the blue T shirt ,come over here" I had to oblige.
MR HEAD - "So what is your name"
Me - "Puneet"
MR HEAD - "From where?"
Me - "Bihar"
MR HEAD - "Ohhh, Bihari , I D no"
Me - "2007A---"
MR HEAD - "In hindi you fool"
Now my hindi is not that bad but I couldn't give the hindi version of BITSAT in my intro
MR HEAD - "So guys what do you think our Bihari friend should do"
SMART GUY 1 - "Dance"
SMART GUY 2 - "Make him propose a boy."
MR HEAD -"It's common , so puneet do you have a crush on any girl from your batch"
MR HEAD - "Come on select any girl you like"
I thought 'this is my chance' . I pointed towards her.
MR HEAD - "What is your name?" ans - "Pooja"
MR HEAD - "So puneet you have to propose this,girl by singing a song"
Me - "I can't sing."
SMART GUY1- "NOOB"
MR HEAD - "It doesn't matter"
Ultomately after a lot of booing from the audience I sang the song 'pehla nasha'.
MR HEAD - "Not bad bihari,if only you had more guts"
MR HEAD - "Guys the first yearites are all noobs without any talent, they are making this session very boring , so I say we all move to the cafeteria for snacks and juniors it's FREE for you guys."

8 comments:

  1. gosh!really lucky maan!such public chances of propose are rare!puneet had to make the most of it with specially the senior's support by his side.
    get more sporting and confident puneet!
    we all are despo dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey shishir im a friend of shreyance...pretty much ya stry lines matches 5point...but atleast ya just straight forward in the narration whic iz good..well yeh made up ki asli i mean abt al inputs u ve said...btw whats d end:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 point someone was based on a college story this is also a college thing . waise i dnt plan out any thing from before so the end is nt decided. Keep reading and u will find out why it is nt a 5 point story

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. u don't start using college lingo on the first day itself.. do u?

    ps: keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. u don't start using college lingo on the first day itself.. do u?

    ps: keep writing

    pps: god damn this net >.< multiple comments appear and i've delete then :|

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice1 buddy.....keep writing..

    Harsh
    www.harsh52.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete