Thursday, February 25, 2010

LIFE IS NOT A PARADISE

My college had a very unusual timing , for instance classes used to start at 8. Wow , have you ever heard of any college starting at sharp 8 in the morning ,give me a break .We students work our a**** off during our high school , studying late till nights, going to all sorts of coaching classes , mugging up useless formulas and theorems to get THIS. I had been kept under the impression that you just need to work like a slave in your school days , once you get into a good college life will be paradise. BUT I WAS WRONG . Life here was no paradise , where in a paradise do you have to get up so early an attend useless lectures and tuts all to get one magical no , your C.G.P.A. C.G.P.A (cumulative grade point average) is literally like a hanging order. It means study or you’ll be screwed . Even if you study and all and write your exams well , there’s no need to be happy. The reason is that some or the other guy who must have been more intelligent than you or must have studied more than you will score more than you and on an average scale you will be pushed downwards. So you had better study and hope that others don’t to score a good cgpa. Our director in his introduction had also mentioned the same thing he had said QUOTE== ALL THE ATHELETES THAT COME TO THE OLYMPICS ARE GOOD BUT ONLY THE BEST AMONG SURVIVE. ==QUOTE . What this meant that the rat race was still not over, you were caught up in it and have to keep running until one day you grow very weak and incompetent and are ultimately thrown out of the race . So you get the point , life here was no paradise. The only thing that was keeping me up was the thought of Pooja.
Just the thought of being able to impress here somehow made me look forward to the next day. My friends were one of the biggest reason that I was hoping to survive in this rat race. Rohan , ya that stupid a** hole was actually a very good friend, He was stupid , grumpy but he was still a very good friend. There was this one day when I was in urgent need of some thing and this guy went out of his way to help me and even made sure that my work had been completed . Now you don’t get such a**holes everyday. Being around him kind of made me feel happy , probably the thought that I am not the only one miserable , there’s someone to give me company.
My first meet with Pooja had turned out to be awesome but after that I could not meet her for many days or 4 days to be precise( I had been keeping count). The college lectures were not helping me to find her , I had a jam packed routine and had hardly any time in which I could meet her or more importantly she could meet me. Moreover I did not have any weird reason to accidently bump into her. The only class which we had in common was the workshop lectures , but the problem was I could never get up on time.
Anyways bottom line is that my days in college were not passing very jolly. When you get into an engineering college and start disliking the lectures from the very start that is the signal that something is very very wrong .

1 comment:

  1. Dont ever comment about the college authorities on a blog.. 3 BPDC students were suspended for doing so...

    ReplyDelete