Monday, November 8, 2010

The Three Musketeers

Rohan - "Man, today we almost had it, imagine what could have had happened"
Me - "hmm"
It was a perfect evening that. The setting sun had painted the sky in a myriad of colors. There was a cool breeze blowing, just perfect. The three of us were just standing and enjoy the beauty, postcard picture type.
Rohan - "This evening is simply awesome, i hope it stays this way"
Me - "Ya, this is so great, a lot better than those lectures, wassay Sammer"
Sammer till now had remained quiet. You generally won't associate that kind if thing with him, the kind of person he was. Yet there he was, leaning against one of the chairs on the pavement staring at nothing, in deep thought.
Rohan - "I think he is drunk"
Me - "Can't be, he didn't go to velinos today, oye sammer what happened, are you okay?"
Sammer - "Me, umm ya, I'm fine. Guys you know , I was thinking, all of us are so differnt, this fattu rohan, you lover boy and me, yer we have something in common"
Rohan - "i an NOT FATTU, u liar...."
Me- "Calm down fattum aah i mean rohan, what are you saying sameer, we are totally differnt, we don't have anything in common"
Sammer- "yes we have my dear casanova. You see we have totally different ways of thinking, we were raised in different environments, yet we have something in common"
Me- "What?"
Sameer- "We all have a fear which we don't accept, which we always run away from, which we never try to confront, we all are escapists"
Rohaan - "Are you mad...?"
Me- "Shut up fattu, Sameer what does this mean?"
Sameer- "I speak from observation sir. You see this fattu. he is too afraid to face the fact that he is not a genius. He tries to overburden himself and tries to prove to the world that he is a person which he is not. That is why he ties himself up i his boring routine and lifestyle so that he can convince himself that he is super intelligent. And you my dear loverboy, you sir are too afraid to come out of your image. You are nuts about that girl but you don't have the balls to tell her that. You will take her on walks and speak bullshit. You know why, because you don't want your image to be tarnished"
I was dumbfounded, whatever sameer was saying was actually true. Out of self defense I said - "all right mr thinker, what do you hide from?"
Sammer remained quiet for a few seconds but eventually he said-"I have always been esacping from the fact thatm I could never be a good son to my parents. I always miss them but I am too coward too tell them this. I know that I have created for myself a rift which is too deep and I hesitate to look down"
All of us remained quiet for a little while. I had never seen this side of Sammer. The guy could br so emotional, I had no idea.
Rohan broke the ice - "all right guys, cut the crap. lets have ice cream"
Sameer - "You know it sounds strange but we are like the three musketeers, we have to fight one comoon enemy and that is our fear"
Me - "And we will"
Sameer - "who want's ice cream, lets have a race, run fattu run"
Rohan - "You.. dare you..."
And both of them ran off
I was smiling, both these guys were crazy but I had developed a strange bond with them.

2 comments: